[Dovecot] FW: Panic: Message unexpectedly expunged from index

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Tue Nov 17 16:58:32 EET 2009

Yeah ... I looked at those (as I mentioned in my post).  I was talking about something more basic.

I think that mbox puts all mail in one file and maildir puts each individual mail in its own file in a separate directory for each user.  But the mail_location parameter is confusing to me.  Like when it was suggested that I add "mbox:/var/empty:" ... to me that's like saying "we don't use mbox ... so the mbox is the bit bucket" ... which is obviously not how it works.  To me "mbox:/var/spool/mail/u%" made more sense but was not recommended.  That's just one example.

Thanks though :)