[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Fri Nov 20 20:41:50 EET 2009

On 11/20/2009 12:59 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> I'm getting tired of Thunderbird telling me I have unread messages in
> folders that haven't gotten new messages for months so I'm looking for a
> new mail client.  I know the problem lies with Thunderbird because
> everything is fine via RoundCube and if it tell Thunderbird to rebuild
> it's index it shows the folder correctly again.  Except of course for a
> subset of the messages in my inbox that it insists where delivered at
> the exact time I re-indexed it, every time.

What IMAP server?

We have been using Thunderbird for about 8 years on 60+ computers since
about version 0.8, and have *never* had a *recurring* problem like that.
Of course there have been the occasional time I had to delete the
folders and let TBird redownload everything and rebuild the indexes, but
never, ever has there been a recurring problem...

Methinks there is something else going on, it is not thunderbird per se
(yes, I understand you are only seeing this when using TBird).

I can't wait for TBird 3 for all of the IMAP improvements...