[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Fri Nov 20 20:29:38 EET 2009

Jonathan <jonathan at kc8onw.net> writes:

Hi Jonathan!

> So what IMAP clients do people prefer these days?

I use Gnus [1], the version that is included in Emacs 23.

> Preferably windows or cross platform and it needs to have decent key
> bindings because (probably like many of you) I get 100s of emails a
> day via lists and anything that speeds my way through them is good.

Gnus has those, but far more important to good key bindings is good
scoring mechanisms.  I also get more than 200 messages from several
lists, but three quarters of them are not interesting to me and already
scored down by Gnus.  Because I sort threads by score and use different
fonts for different scores, the important ones are easily visible.

Bye,
Tassilo