[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Sun Nov 22 04:38:30 EET 2009

On 11/20/2009 12:59 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> I'm getting tired of Thunderbird telling me I have unread messages in
> folders that haven't gotten new messages for months so I'm looking for a
> new mail client. I know the problem lies with Thunderbird because
> everything is fine via RoundCube and if it tell Thunderbird to rebuild
> it's index it shows the folder correctly again. Except of course for a
> subset of the messages in my inbox that it insists where delivered at
> the exact time I re-indexed it, every time.

I'm currently testing out the Thunderbird 3.0 release candidates...
overall, it's better then TB 2 was at IMAP.  Overall, I'm pretty happy
with version 3 and how it deals with my multi-gigabyte IMAP mailboxes
with dozens of folders.  Stability seems to be better then it was in TB
v2 in terms of indexing and downloading messages.

(That comes with a huge caveat, however.  Beta 4 introduced some rather
severe bugs in IMAP performance which have yet to be fixed as of RC1
build #2.  I'm hoping that this coming week there will be another more
stable build.)