[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Sun Nov 22 04:51:32 EET 2009

On 11/20/2009 1:51 PM, Thomas Berezansky wrote:
> Personally, I am using Horde (http://www.horde.org/) at work (this
> address) and Outlook 2007 at home (largely due to getting freaky
> attachments I need to open on a regular basis that only Microsoft mail
> clients seem to be able to open properly).

Out of morbid curiosity... how good is Outlook 2007 at IMAP?  I've had
experience with Outlook 2003 and the 2GB PST limit was a deal breaker
for me.  I'm curious whether Outlook is getting better or worse at IMAP.

(In OL2003, they introduced a better PST format that was no longer
limited to 2GB.  But you can't use it with IMAP accounts.  It also had
weird behavior like deleting messages would not make them vanish from
the folder until you did some sort of compact operation.)