[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Nov 22 07:39:10 EET 2009

Thomas Harold wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 1:51 PM, Thomas Berezansky wrote:
>> Personally, I am using Horde (http://www.horde.org/) at work (this
>> address) and Outlook 2007 at home (largely due to getting freaky
>> attachments I need to open on a regular basis that only Microsoft mail
>> clients seem to be able to open properly).
>
> Out of morbid curiosity... how good is Outlook 2007 at IMAP?  I've had
> experience with Outlook 2003 and the 2GB PST limit was a deal breaker
> for me.  I'm curious whether Outlook is getting better or worse at IMAP.

They finally added the ability to set a "sent items" folder on the IMAP
server rather than using stupid tricks to copy it over, so that's a
plus. The fact that it can't "delete" by moving a copy to a "deleted
items" folder still bugs me enough that I won't use it. No idea about
the PST size thing though, never got that far.

~Seth