[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Sun Nov 22 04:52:40 EET 2009

On 11/20/2009 2:16 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> We're talking about a mailbox with two or more users always in it and
> around 40K messages across a few hundred folders. The scale of it all
> seems to be part of the issue I think.

I run TB v2 on my laptop and TB v3 betas on my desktop.  I've not seen
messages suddenly getting marked as unread.

My mailing list mailbox subscribes to a few dozen mailing lists, so most
folders have between 1k and 25k messages in them (about 2GB of mail).
The postmaster mailbox routinely has folders with 40-50k messages in a
single folder (error reports, mailbox size is up around 2GB at the moment).

We're using a MailDir storage format, Dovecot 1.1.6 with Postfix on the
front end.  All running on top of CentOS 5.

(Biggest problem I've had with TB v2 is that it sometimes loses track of
the server after a while, so you'll go to send a new message and it will
get stuck trying to talk to the server.)