[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

David Jonas djonas at vitalwerks.com
Fri Nov 20 22:21:59 EET 2009

On 11/20/09 , Nov 20, 11:13 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 11/20/2009, Charles Sprickman (spork at bway.net) wrote:
>
>> It is very good compared to TB2.  However, the exact problem the OP
>> described still exists in 3.0b4.  I've had the folks I setup with TB3
>> bugging the hell out of me about the "all of a sudden a bunch of
>> messages are marked new" issue.
>>
> This has to be some weird dovecot config problem... we just haven't ever
> seen anything even close to that here.
>
> Do you use mbox or maildir (we've always used maildir)?

I have this problem quite frequently. Only seems to happen on folders
that have a ton of messages (i.e. dovecot mailing list). I've checked in
a webmail IMAP client and they don't appear as unseen, so I'm guessing
it is a TB problem. Not very thorough I know, but it certainly points to TB.

Using maildir DAS, dovecot 1.2.5, TB 3b4

And I thought it was just me :)