[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Sun Nov 22 05:09:05 EET 2009

On 11/21/2009 9:54 PM, Jonathan wrote:

> Okay, that didn't take long. I have another spurious unread message
> already. Should I do what it says here [1] and grab a nightly build and
> create an entire new profile, or should I just report with what I have?
> Any suggestions on what component to file the report against?

If you decide to use the nightly, start with a new profile and try
either (wait a day and I think we'll see a build #3 for RC1):

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/3.0rc1-candidates/build2/

or

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/2009-11-21-03-comm-1.9.1/

Thunderbird 3.0 is based off of Comm-1.9.1, the previews for Thunderbird
3.1 are Comm-1.9.3.  The nightly builds for 1.9.1 seem to happen in the
early morning hours.

As for which component... I'd say either Mail Window Front End or Mail
Reader UI.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Thunderbird

You'll probably have to catch it in the act while logging is turned on.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Logging

You may also want to rule out hardware issues such as flaky memory,
which could be causing corruption in the indexes.