[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Sun Nov 22 21:24:57 EET 2009

On 11/22/2009, Thomas Berezansky (tsbere at mvlc.org) wrote:
> Wait, what? I have, right now, a HTML message open, from an IMAP
> server, in Outlook 2007. Where did you hear that it wouldn't?

I saw it with my own two eyes...

Its been a while, maybe they addressed this with an update.

Regardless, their choice to use the Word HTML rendering engine makes
Outlook HTML support sucky at best.

When we were trying to get HTML messages to render on an IMAP account,
we compared HTML messages in Outlook to Thunderbird - same messages -
and Outlooks rendering was very different, and really bad. Thunderbirds
was perfect.

Outlook is CRAP as an IMAP client.