[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Sun Nov 22 22:04:04 EET 2009

On November 21, 2009 9:39:10 PM -0800 Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us>
wrote:
>  The fact that it can't "delete" by moving a copy to a "deleted
> items" folder still bugs me enough that I won't use it.

Not a useful feature anyway, IMHO.  Of course this is a user preference
but I like my deleted emails to stay right where they are thank you
very much.  Then as I'm continuing on down the thread and realize I
want to undelete a message, it's right there.

With expunge-on-close in combination with dovecot's lazy_expunge, it's
a perfect combination.

If the client moves deleted messages to a trash folder, then it has to
rethread messages which potentially changes the order (not for Outlook
generated mail, which doesn't generate useful threading info) and then
the "next" message after deletion might be different.  That would be
annoying.

-frank