[Dovecot] How unimportant would be mailstore-tidy utility? :-)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 23 23:27:18 EET 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 22:14 +0100, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> I use dbox mailbox. In dbox-Mails folder I have message files named:
> 1) u.99  [dbox created file name]
> 2) 1231249011.P20963Q0M722109.shevek:2,Sa [dovecot maildir created&modified name]
> 3) 1.:2,Sa [cyrus name, modified by dovecot maildir]
>    [ I have used my own cyrus to maildir conversion scripts]

Oh, you're talking about the maildir-dbox hybrid thing. That was
probably a worse idea than I originally realized. v2.0 can no longer
read it, so you need to get it converted to dbox-only-files before
upgrading to it. Now, how exactly to do that .. I suppose I'll have to
add some setting or some utility to v1.2.