[Dovecot] init-script update for v2.0

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Thu Nov 26 15:52:09 EET 2009

On 11/26/2009 02:19 PM Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> is /usr considered local_fs for you? i think most people install dovecot
> there. and atleast for my distro /usr counts under $remote_fs.

Assumed I've understood Required-Start and Should-Start¹, then the
service, in this case Dovecot, must not start before all the services
listed in Required-Start were started.
If one or more of the services, which are listed in Should-Start, are
available on the local system, for example postgresql, the service must
not start before those services. If nothing on the local system provides
postgresql, the service could start.

Please let me know if I'm still wrong.

Regards,
Pascal