[Dovecot] init-script update for v2.0

Marcus Rueckert darix at opensu.se
Thu Nov 26 16:25:39 EET 2009

On 2009-11-26 14:52:09 +0100, Pascal Volk wrote:
> On 11/26/2009 02:19 PM Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> > is /usr considered local_fs for you? i think most people install dovecot
> > there. and atleast for my distro /usr counts under $remote_fs.
>
> Assumed I've understood Required-Start and Should-Start¹, then the
> service, in this case Dovecot, must not start before all the services
> listed in Required-Start were started.
> If one or more of the services, which are listed in Should-Start, are
> available on the local system, for example postgresql, the service must
> not start before those services. If nothing on the local system provides
> postgresql, the service could start.
>
> Please let me know if I'm still wrong.

your patch has:
# Should-Start:      $remote_fs $time postgresql mysql

$time would i do as Required-Start as atleast in the past dovecot didnt
handle time moving backwards.

$remote_fs         is also *required* if your dovecot on /usr.

    darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
               openSUSE is good for you