[Dovecot] ignors the configure prefix

Hugo Monteiro hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Sun Oct 4 12:15:09 EEST 2009

vwc72283 at voicenet.com wrote:
> 1.2.5 is ignoring the configure -prefix switch. It you install it some place else with
> the -prefix then I get errors all over the place becuase things are hard coded to use
> the default and it can't find anything any more like:
>
> Fatal: execv(/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/ssl-build-param) failed: No such file or directory
>
> and
>
> Error: Can't open configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf: No such file or directory
> Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
>
> and
>
> Starting Dovecot Imap: Error: auth_executable: Can't use
> /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth: No such file or directory
>
> How do I fix this?

Have you tried to build the SRPM available at
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/source/SRPMS/dovecot-1.2.5-2.fc12.src.rpm
?

I do know that these are probably not the words you want to hear now,
but i would advise you to test upgrades on a test system, deploying
changes to the production server only after you know everything is alright.

R's,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307
Web      : http://hmonteiro.net

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt	      apoio at fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _