[Dovecot] ignors the configure prefix

vwc72283 at voicenet.com vwc72283 at voicenet.com
Sun Oct 4 16:57:44 EEST 2009

> vwc72283 at voicenet.com wrote:
>> 1.2.5 is ignoring the configure -prefix switch. It you install it some place else with
>> the -prefix then I get errors all over the place becuase things are hard coded to use
>> the default and it can't find anything any more like:
>>
>> Fatal: execv(/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/ssl-build-param) failed: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> and
>>
>> Error: Can't open configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf: No such file or
>> directory
>> Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
>>
>> and
>>
>> Starting Dovecot Imap: Error: auth_executable: Can't use
>> /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth: No such file or directory
>>
>> How do I fix this?
>>

> Have you tried to build the SRPM available at
> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/source/SRPMS/dovecot-1.2.5-2.fc12.src.rpm
> ?

Yes, I have tried it. There are errors in that release, at least one file fails the MD5
hash. Also, fc12 stuff often does not work right on el5. el5 has specific SElinux
policies and expects dovecot to live in a specific place (/usr). While you can change
where it installs with -prefix, the code its self seems to want to live at /usr/local
since those references don't seem to change. Now if the .spec file can fix that I would
be interested in how it does it, but there is too much work involved to find out if the
.spec author knows something I don't.

> I do know that these are probably not the words you want to hear now,
> but i would advise you to test upgrades on a test system, deploying
> changes to the production server only after you know everything is alright.

This is the test system. Well, they're VMs, I copy and flip them.