[Dovecot] Expire Plugin Configuration Question

Mon Oct 5 03:08:08 EEST 2009

On 10/4/2009 7:50 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
> I am very confused looking at the expires plugin and its configuration.
> What is confusing me the most is that it appears that I have to
> configure expiration globally, meaning, for example, that the Trash
> mailbox expiration interval is the same regardless of the user.  What I
> really am looking for is per-user configurable rules.

Hmmm... interesting. I don't think you can use extra fields for this
now, but I wonder if it would be possible to modify expire plugin to do so?

There should be a way to define global defaults - and even a way to
enforce those defaults (maybe I don't want my users to be able to keep
stuff in their trash folder for a year?)... but being that ianap, I have
no idea how easy (or difficult) this would be to do.

I do like the idea though, and if it is implemented, I'll push for the
postfixadmin guys to support this in postfixadmin for a future release.

--

Best regards,

Charles