[Dovecot] Dovecot fails when vpopmail is enabled

Sherin George list at sheringeorge.co.cc
Mon Oct 5 21:09:58 EEST 2009

Hello Timo,

Thank you so much for your kind help.

I think I found the problem.

Oct  5 17:54:41 a1 dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.7 starting up
Oct  5 17:54:41 a1 dovecot: Auth process died too early - shutting down
Oct  5 17:54:41 a1 dovecot: auth(default): Unknown passdb driver 'vpopmail'
(typo, or Dovecot was built without support for it? Check with dovecot
--build-options)
Oct  5 17:54:41 a1 dovecot: child 15274 (auth) returned error 89

-bash-3.2#
-bash-3.2# dovecot --build-options
Build options: ioloop=epoll notify=inotify ipv6 openssl
Mail storages: cydir dbox maildir mbox raw shared
SQL drivers:
Passdb: checkpassword passwd passwd-file shadow vpopmail
Userdb: nss passwd passwd-file prefetch static vpopmail

I am trying to build dovecot from source now.

Regards,
Sherin