[Dovecot] meaning of parameter imap_idle_notify_interval??

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 28 01:06:46 EET 2009

You seem to have kind of mixed everything into one so I don't know what
happened. Rawlog (*.in, *.out files) isn't the same as where my patch
was logging the message, it went to Dovecot's error log
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging. Also do you mean there was no EXISTS
reply sent at all after IDLE was started in either rawlog or telnet
session?

So the most important thing: After deliver logs the message, how long
does it take for "inotify triggered" message to get written to Dovecot's
log file? Or does it never get logged there? (Make sure you're looking
at the log file where dovecot --log-error writes "This is Dovecot's
warning log.")