[Dovecot] dovecot-shared and shared "\Seen" flags

Dave dave at momentumweb.com
Thu Oct 29 23:16:11 EET 2009

 >> (b) Indicate to Dovecot in some way other than the dovecot-shared file
 >> which permissions to use for any messages created?
 >
 > In v1.2 the permissions are taken from parent directory.

Hmm, that might be the best solution then, an upgrade to 1.2.  Fwiw, I
also tried NOT using the dovecot-shared file and just relying on the
UMASK=007 directive I put in .procmailrc to create the messages with the
correct permissions..... and that worked!  Well, as far as the messages
themselves go.  However, the dovecot.index, dovecot.index.log, and
dovecot-uidlist all got rewritten with only user permissions and created
problems.  I'm guessing dovecot-shared is the only way to make sure
those files keep their correct permissions?

David