[Dovecot] Global ACL configuration problems: mailboxes not visible, set ACLs not honoured

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Tue Sep 1 13:11:39 EEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 11:34:16AM +0200, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:
> Is there anything more to it? I ask, because I can't seem to get it to
> work correctly using this approach with global ACLs. Problems include:
>
>  - Can't get the mailboxes "Spam" and "Ham" under the "Public" namespace
> to show up in the mail client (Thunderbird, KMail, Horde/IMP) at all.
> These have the ACL "authenticated lrwstipk" set so the should be
> visible to authenticated clients, shouldn't they? All I see is the
> namespace with no mailboxes beneath it.

Hi Andreas,

did you try with enabling the logging option 'mail_debug = yes'? It should then verbosely log ACLs read while accessing the folders. How about the files 'dovecot-acl' and 'dovecot-acl-list'? Are they present in your public root? The latter should have been automatically created once the subdirs have working ACLs.

Regards
Thomas