[Dovecot] Sieve, vacation, variables and russian language

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 12 01:05:34 EEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 01:59 +0400, Sergey Grigorian wrote:
> The script uses the "variables" extension to produce the "Re: [original
> subject] (autoreply)" subject line for the vacation message.
>
> All is well except for cases when that [original subject] is written in
> Russian.

This is a TODO item:

 	- Vacation: the ":subject" parameter specifies a subject line to attach to
 	  any vacation response that is generated. UTF-8 characters can be used in
 	  the string argument; implementations MUST convert the string to [RFC2047]
  	  encoded words if and only if non-ASCII characters are present.

I think the main reason this hasn't been implemented yet is that this
conversion isn't required anywhere else in Dovecot. So the first step
would be to create RFC 2047 encoder for Dovecot. Feel free to implement
one. :)