[Dovecot] Disconnected: Too many invalid IMAP commands

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Sep 18 16:03:48 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 06:12 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 9/18/2009, Gabriele (listarolo_dovecot at musimac.it) wrote:
> > dovecot 1.0.10
>
> This is really old... it is very likely that upgrading dovecot to a more
> current build - either 1.1.19, or better, 1.2.5 - will solve your
> problem, but would be recommended anyway...

I think it should be plastered all over the list welcome message and
homepage, as many projects do and insist upon, " make sure you are
running the latest current stable version of the software before asking
for help"...

The problem however is many people very dangerously and wrongly consider
that their beloved favourite distro package, is in fact the current
stable and the only one that exists. I'm horrified by the number of
people responsible for servers that wont use anything but an rpm or a
deb, they simply refuse to use the source, even though its current and
stable, far more so than that rpm/deb file at like 3 years out of date,
and they have the nerve to get narky at you for not helping them *sigh*