[Dovecot] Disconnected: Too many invalid IMAP commands

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Sep 18 23:40:38 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 11:11 -0500, Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:

> > I have never understood anyone who would use a distro for critical
> > applications that forces them to use 3+ year old software.
>
> Because it is stable and just plain works, of course.

Oh what rubbish, ubuntu released a brand new version of their
distribution, cant recall if it was 8.04 or 8.10, with MailScanner,
which never worked, not only was it I think years old version, it was
just made a deb and inserted as a "stable" package, which never ran or
was it ever going to with how it was packaged, so please don't sit there
and spin that rot that debian associated people also do.

IMHO, if you want to use a distros version of package X, then you accept
ALL of the risks that go with it, and you should NEVER ask for help on
the upstreams site and the projects I'm involved with will either ignore
you, or tell you to go to the distro for help. If package maintainers
insist on doing things like this, then they accept full responsibility
for it, adn who are they to decide a version 3 yo is more stable than
the one released last week.