[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA, quota, sieve

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Thu Sep 24 14:16:09 EEST 2009

Hi,

While moving services to a new server, I finally decided to
switch from exim + procmail delivery to exim + dovecot-LDA
(dovecot 1.2.5). All accounts are virtual - their settings
are stored in mysql.

This also includes configuring Quota and Sieve.

So... there come some doubts:

1. Using "deliver"

As I see, deliver uses auth-master socket to retrieve the mailbox
settings (especially mailbox location). So, enabling dovecot-auth
socket is everything I need to enable dovecot-LDA (apart from the
exim configuration, which is explained quite clearly in wiki)?

2. Autocreation of mail folders

Is it possible somehow to automatically create folders (like Trash,
Sent-mail etc.)?

3. quota and its dict file.

map {
   pattern = priv/quota/storage
   table = popbox
   username_field = username
   value_field = bytes
}
map {
   pattern = priv/quota/messages
   table = quota
   username_field = username
   value_field = messages
}

First - what is the "username_field" here? I'm running multiple
domains, so will it be just username at domain?
And - if so - is it possible to use the existing tables?

I mean, that in my configuration I have a table named "popbox"
with fields "local_part", "domain_name" and "quota". It would be
perfect to make use of it, but either I could not find the solution
or it simply requires an extra table...

Hope someone will be able to help :)

Best regards,
--
Jacek Osiecki joshua at ceti.pl GG:3828944
I don't want something I need. I want something I want.