[Dovecot] OT: IMAP folder aliases

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Sun Sep 27 01:24:09 EEST 2009

Patrick Ben Koetter schrieb:
>>> Yes, they want to. But they also want to create a great user experience for
>>> those that do not use web applications.

>>> I know you and I don't mind to search the internet, read docs and try this or
>>> that until we find something that satisfies our needs. But the goal I am
>>> aiming for here is "out of the box". And that means "a good faq site" is not
>>> acceptable (until I have to face reality...).
>>>
>>> p at rick
>>>
>> Hi Patrick, i allready tried it, i see no way to goal it yet,
>> but its common i.e companies that there is only one mail client is
>> supported, so if your server is only for them , there should be no
>> Problem, in internet servers the only client which i support is
>> thunderbird until its widly spreaded , free and for all os
>> this is accepted since yours by the users, but your right having a
>> standart would be very nice, but i dont think it will come ever
>
> Robert, you are missing the point. The scenario I am talking about is a
> typical, comsumer oriented ISP scenario. In this scenario I am not in a
> position to tell my users "go read a Howto" and neither am I able to control
> their client settings.
>
> In the scenario I am discussing right now, I try to find a way to adopt to
> what they have. Regardless of the client they use I always want to give them
> a consistent view on their data.
>

> p at rick

Hi Patrick, no i understood very well, but there to my knowledge there
is no solution out there yet to solve your(our) problem ( unless it
would be very wishfull to have it ), perhaps xlist stuff posted here
today may help in the future, but in meantime you ll may have to face
reality *g
after all i only described that its seems not to be  big problem here
and otherwhere,
cause if it would be , it would be solved in the past, and youre not
right, many big mail providers teach their users in "how to use" with
pictured faqs related in using common mail clients  ( tb , apple mail,
outlook etc ) with their meaning about standart imap folders
but after all ,if there would be a solution i would use it at once
lets talk about it on or planed Postfix Stammtisch !
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria