[Dovecot] Subject Alternativee Names (was: Enabling security on POP3 and IMAP)

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Sep 28 19:41:04 EEST 2009

> There is a way to add 'alternate names'
Subject Altenative Names.

> but I don't think TBird (or most other Clients) will recognize them.
The only client I know of NOT suporting subjectAltName is plain old pine.

You may have a try at imaps://imap.math.uni-bonn.de (or at https://www.math.uni-bonn.de in case you want to check HTTPS clients). The certificates are NOT self-signed, but signed with a custom CA cert (to be found at http://www.math.uni-bonn.de/people/support/MathInstUniBonn.pem in case you care).