[Dovecot] Upgrading Dovecot on CentOS 4 from 0.99 to 1.x

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 28 22:14:49 EEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 15:05 -0400, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:
> Will the upgrade from 0.99 to 1.1.19 change IMAP UIDs? Will this force me to
> remove the .imap folder from each user home directory?

The IMAP UIDs should be stored in X-UID: headers in mbox files in both
0.99 and 1.1. So in theory it should work.. In practice you might find
that for whatever reason some mboxes might have some minor corruption or
something else that causes v1.1 to reassign new UIDs..

> If this is going to happen, I'd like to know in advance, in order to send an
> informative email out, as my power users (read: VPs) will have their
> Blackberries re-downloading all their messages.

Do you also have POP3 users? Make sure pop3_uidl_format is set to the
same as in v0.99, which is %v.%u I think.