[Dovecot] Scalability plans: Abstract out filesystem and make it someone else's problem

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Sep 29 00:20:35 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> The SQL code was for v1.0 and the lib-storage API has been simplified
> since then, maybe not hugely but still pretty much. Maybe some day I'll
> see about updating the SQL code for v2.0 API.
>
> Oh and some documentation about it would probably help a lot too. I
> guess I should write some, someday. :)

Some overview docs might be somewhat helpful for sure, but I think at
this level you probably mainly need to get your hands dirty

Having an example storage engine which is also a bit simpler (eg an
updated sql engine) would actually be quite good for this I suspect.  I
quickly dropped looking at the real code for playing with the sql code
and found it quite a bit simpler to get an overview

Thanks and interested to see this progress

Ed W