[Dovecot] Dovecot index storage question

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Apr 6 14:00:17 EEST 2010

I currently run DC V1.2 for some 4K accounts using mbox folder format.
I am migrating to maildir.  I have a separate filesystem for the
indices.  Currently, the data there amounts to 4GB.  I'm wondering if
anyone can tell me how the storage used will change with maildir folder
formatting.  Will more space be used and if so, could you rough guess
what the increase might be?
--
==== Once upon a time, the Internet was a friendly,
neighbors-helping-neighbors small town, and no one locked their doors.