[Dovecot] ImapTest build problem [SOLVED]

Proskurin Kirill proskurin-kv at fxclub.org
Wed Apr 7 16:10:05 EEST 2010

On 04/07/2010 04:24 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 16:08 +0400, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
>>> Yeah, imaptest currently builds only against v1.2 code. I'll update it
>>> to compile with v2.0 sometimes in future..
>>>
>> Thx!
>>
>> But seems to wiki needs fixing then.
>> Because http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz is 2.0
>
> Well, I'm rather thinking that the code needs fixing, not wiki. :)

Yes, but code update may be not soon but wiki update is few seconds and
fix an misunderstanding. ;-)

Anyway - could you give some examples of using ImapTest for
testing\benchmarking?

Yes I saw http://www.imapwiki.org/ImapTest/Examples but I not a
programmer and I don`t know IMAP protocol well and this numbers give me
near nothing.

If you have some time - it will be nice to make some examples for
admins. Especially I(and I think many others) interested in stress
testing and benchmarking. Ideal it will be something like a Postfix
"smtp-source".

It is just a friendly "feature request".

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill