[Dovecot] ImapTest build problem [SOLVED]

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 8 04:24:03 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 17:10 +0400, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> >> But seems to wiki needs fixing then.
> >> Because http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz is 2.0
> >
> > Well, I'm rather thinking that the code needs fixing, not wiki. :)
>
> Yes, but code update may be not soon but wiki update is few seconds and
> fix an misunderstanding. ;-)

The wiki would then have to be updated back. I anyway updated imaptest
now.

> Anyway - could you give some examples of using ImapTest for
> testing\benchmarking?
>
> Yes I saw http://www.imapwiki.org/ImapTest/Examples but I not a
> programmer and I don`t know IMAP protocol well and this numbers give me
> near nothing.

There isn't really much else it can give you.. imaptest isn't useful for
testing real world performance. The numbers it gives are mostly useful
only when compared against another setup with the same imaptest
parameters. The one exception I can think of is how many msgs/second you
can save to a mailbox:

imaptest - append=100 clients=10