[Dovecot] pigeonhole: naming and versioning

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 7 22:08:49 EEST 2010

Hi Stephan,

many thanks for all the work you do on the new sieve parts to dovecot.

As a (downstream) packager I have some questions:

a) pigeonhole is called a working title - will the final release
   be called something else like dovecot-sieve again?
b) The versioning seems to go from 0.1.15 to 0.1.13. From a packager's
   POV it would be better to allow a natural version upgrade
   path. Perhaps the version in hg is just not updated?

The reason for these questions/clarifications are that Angel and I are
packaging dovecot 2.x betas and matching sieve plugins for allowing
more people to a broader testing before the projects go gold. We'd
like to have proper naming and versioning in place already for the
beta packages.

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net