[Dovecot] Per-user flags for shared folders

Неворотин Вадим nevorotin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:20:53 EEST 2010

As I see in 2.0 there willn't be ability to control which flags should be
shared, and which should be per-user. But may be there is some plans to
implement settings to control that?

It'll be great if you can write in dovecot-shared file which flags should be
per-user. It's very usefull for group mailboxes, when each user should work
with such mailbox like with their own. Now I can't add permission for delete
on group mailbox for anybody, because if somebody delete a message, it
dissapear for other users of group mailbox. So my group mailboxes look like
a big scrapyard[?] I can compile from sources and add also \Deleted flag to
private flags, but it's not an elegant solution[?]

And my idea is easy to implement :) Only add here:

305 shared_path = t_strconcat(box->path, "/dovecot-shared", NULL);
306 if (stat(shared_path, &st) == 0)
307 box->private_flags_mask = MAIL_SEEN;

in maildir-storage.c some code for reading a mask from dovecot-shared file.
Unfortunatelly I'm not a good programmer, so I can't make a patch myself(((