[Dovecot] Per-user flags for shared folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 16 18:00:51 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 00:20 +0400, Неворотин Вадим wrote:
> As I see in 2.0 there willn't be ability to control which flags should be
> shared, and which should be per-user. But may be there is some plans to
> implement settings to control that?
>
> It'll be great if you can write in dovecot-shared file which flags should be
> per-user.

I've been planning on doing that for a long time, but haven't gotten
around to it..

> And my idea is easy to implement :) Only add here:
>
> 305 shared_path = t_strconcat(box->path, "/dovecot-shared", NULL);
> 306 if (stat(shared_path, &st) == 0)
> 307 box->private_flags_mask = MAIL_SEEN;
>
> in maildir-storage.c some code for reading a mask from dovecot-shared file.
> Unfortunatelly I'm not a good programmer, so I can't make a patch myself(((

System flags are easy, but keywords are more problematic probably. It
probably should be possible to define what existing keywords are private
and also if the default for them should be shared or private. Maybe in
general the configuration for both flags/keywords should be "private,
except .." or "shared, except .."