[Dovecot] Problems with masteruser

Неворотин Вадим nevorotin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 16:12:00 EEST 2010

I have very strange problem with masteruser. See two logs below:

# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Welcome to our post server!
x login nevorotin password
x OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE
CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC
ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS ACL RIGHTS=texk]
Logged in
x list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
x OK List completed.
x getacl INBOX
* ACL "INBOX" "nevorotin" lrwstipekxacd
x OK Getacl completed.

All work perfectly. And then I log in throw masteruser:

# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Welcome to our post server!
x login nevorotin*master masterpassword
x OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE
CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC
ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS ACL RIGHTS=texk]
Logged in
x list "" "*"
* LIST (\Unmarked) "/" "INBOX"
x OK List completed.
x getacl INBOX
x NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: INBOX

I've turned on debug logging, but there aren't any errors. I only see that
masteruser succesfully logged in as nevorotin. How can I make a masteruser
login to user account exactly the same as simple user login? Now it don't
work at all [?]

I use 1.2.10 version of dovecot.