[Dovecot] Problems with masteruser

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 9 00:14:18 EEST 2010

Quoting ????????? ????? <nevorotin at gmail.com>:

> I have very strange problem with masteruser. See two logs below:

I can't help, but I can add my observations...  Using dovecot 1.2.11
and master users, I noticed that if I login with to a user (real-user)
using the master user (master-user),  then the mailbox listing shows all
non-acl mailboxes fine, but for acl-controlled mailboxes it shows those
for which "master-user" has access, not those for which "real-user" has
access.

This really freaked me out the first time I logged in and a shared
folder showed up when it shouldn't have.  I thought I had shared it
with everyone!  But I was able to verify that a real login to "real-user"
doesn't see the shared folder, while a master login to "real-user" does
see it.  So it is the master user login that is messing up the acl checks.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!