[Dovecot] RFC 4468

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Sat Apr 10 06:14:07 EEST 2010

Erik Logtenberg put forth on 4/9/2010 9:12 AM:
> You know, I was thinking: wouldn't it be nice to have RFC 4468 (Message
> Submission BURL Extension) support in dovecot? Maybe we should ask the
> guys from Apple to contribute some support for it, I have a gut feeling
> they would gladly do so ;)

There's an active BURL thread on the postfix-users list right now and it
seems Wietse and Victor are open to looking at the idea.  Timo have you had
any chats with Wietse and/or Victor about BURL, Postfix, and Dovecot as of
yet?  I'm just assuming for some reason that you've interacted with Wietse
in the past on one level or another.  My apologies if this is not the case.

Anyway, seems the time may be right to engage this feature and coordinate
with some MTA devs to get it working correctly.

Does anyone know if Firefox has support for BURL submission yet, or does it
even need it?  I've not looked at the actual message paths defined by this
extension yet.  My assumption is that with this extension, the MUA submits
the message to the IMAP server and then the IMAP server forwards it to the
MTA.  Or do I have it backwards?

--
Stan