[Dovecot] dovecot-2.0-beta4, lda and sieve: Permission lookup failed from /tmp/Dovecot Delivery

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Wed Apr 14 20:22:23 EEST 2010

On 04/14/2010 07:04 PM Felix Leimbach wrote:
>> As a sidenote, I didn't find a way to automatically create user's home
> directories if they don't yet exist.

Pimp your 'admin tool.'

> I looked at the autocreate plugin but it looks like it can only create
> directories under the user's maildir.

That's the job of the plugin.

>> However, suddenly managesieve does not work anymore (called from TB's
> sieve plugin):
>
> dovecot: managesieve(me at example.com): maildir++:
> root=/mnt/data/vmail/example.com/me, index=, control=,
> inbox=/mnt/data/vmail/example.com/me
>
> Here the client sits for 20 seconds displaying "Authenticating ..." and
> then stops with a timeout error.
>
> dovecot: managesieve(me at example.com): Connection closed bytes=0/17

Hm, works here. Latest Dovecot-Pigeonhole from the Mercurial repo.
Enable all debug settings and try again. Something useful should be logged

> On a related note: I want to have a default sieve script which is
> executed for every user in addition to their own scripts. The reason is
> to put spam emails into a separate spam folder.
> I planned to use sieve_global_dir for that purpose, but it seems that
> the script there needs to be included in the user's own script.
> But most of the users won't even have a sieve script, let alone add that
> include.
> How can I achieve that global spam sorting?

Use the sieve_before setting, see:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Executing_Multiple_Scripts_Sequentially

Regards,
Pascal