[Dovecot] best choice of user database file to work with postfix

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:20:23 EEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Arne K. Haaje <arne at drlinux.no> wrote:

Have you looked into Postfix Admin? http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net/

> It might be a good solution for you. I'm using it for a a growing database
> of users and I'm very happy with it. The setup with postfix, dovecot and
> mysql was quite straight forward, and this interface requires no particular
> technical know-how.
>
> Should be perfect if you can do the initial setup, then just give the
> admisn the password to this interface.

No, I had not looked into this, yet.  But it won't fit in here.
Adding/deleting users is going to be going though another system where
likely the HR person will be doing it.  The admin will then be handling the
"what's wrong with it" issues (as opposed to the clerical work of
adding/deleting users).  And it requires database engine.