[Dovecot] Question about mbox_snarf and dovecot2.0

Jonathan Siegle jsiegle at psu.edu
Thu Apr 29 18:11:57 EEST 2010

On Feb 2, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 12:33 -0500, Jonathan Siegle wrote:
>> I verified that not using the  mbox_snarf works just fine. I have no namespaces enabled.
>
> The code contains:
>
> //FIXME:storage->set->mail_full_filesystem_access = TRUE;
>
> IIRC I couldn't figure out a nice and easy way to actually make that
> work. Maybe the whole plugin could be redesigned. Probably by creating a
> configuration like:
>
> namespace {
>  location = mbox:~/mail
>  ..
> }
> namespace {
>  prefix = ~~MboxSnarf~~/ # or whatever unique string you can think of
>  location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
>  list = no
>  hidden = yes
> }
> plugin {
>  mbox_snarf = ~~MboxSnarf~~/
> }

First, I haven't found a working config to use for dovecot2.0 and mbox_snarf.

As I need this to function, I've been thinking about your words above and been reading http://wiki.dovecot.org/Design/Storage/Plugins. The mentality of it reminds me of the lazy-expunge-plugin, but this API is taking some time getting used to. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan