[Dovecot] CDB Authentication database

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 29 20:36:52 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 15:17 +0200, Luca Corti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd be interested in seeing a CDB based backend for the userdb/passdb
> lookups.
>
> Is anyone working on this?

Not that I'm aware of.

> Is there any documentation (other than the
> wiki Design section and the code itself) on implementing database
> backends?

I guess you saw http://wiki.dovecot.org/Design/AuthProcess? It's
probably out of date though..

What kind of a database is CDB? How are the fields saved there? I'm just
wondering if maybe this should be a lib-dict backend and the auth
process could support dict as passdb/userdb.