[Dovecot] Impossible to share INBOX with other users

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 9 18:15:15 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 13:48 +0200, Daniel Stoye wrote:
> 1 getacl drafts
> * ACL "drafts" "user2" lrwstipekxacd
> 1 OK Getacl completed.
> 1 setacl drafts user1 ilrws
> 1 NO Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

Both of the above should have said:

x NO Mailbox doesn't exist: drafts

Fixed now: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/8814ced6d012

> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner"
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2/Drafts"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX"

These all look ok. INBOX exists, is selectable.

> 2 lsub "" "*"
> * LSUB () "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2/Drafts"
> 2 OK Lsub completed.

So the shared mailbox simply isn't subscribed to. Subscriptions aren't
added automatically. So there is no bug here.

> 4 list "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX" "*"
> 4 OK List completed.

user1's LIST didn't show any (especially shared) mailboxes under INBOX,
so this looks OK too.

> 5 status "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX" (UIDNEXT MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)
> * STATUS "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX" (MESSAGES 1 RECENT 1 UIDNEXT 2 UNSEEN 1)
> 5 OK Status completed.

Looks ok.

> mail_location:
> dbox:~/dbox:INDEX=/addons/index/%u:CONTROL=~/control:LAYOUT=fs

:LAYOUT=fs is unnecessary with dbox, since it's the default. Also why
are you separating control directory? dbox uses very few control files
and I don't much see point in doing that.

> It seems, that only on the Drafts-folder, the folder name is case sensitive:

No, it's the other way around: Only INBOX is case-insensitive.