[Dovecot] Using dovecot with vpopmail and mysql auth?

Aaron Greengrass aaron at greenbtn.com
Tue Aug 17 18:39:27 EEST 2010

  Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the right strings to do authentication
against mysql storing vpopmail data, vs using the vpopmail auth module?

I'm trying to get up to both vpopmail 5.5, and dovecot 2.0, and
dovecot-auth seems to reliably segfault on the 5.5 vpopmail module.
I've tried downgrading vpopmail as well, with less than stellar results.

I saw an old article about doing exactly that -- switching from the vpop
module, while still using it's DB, but it is both a) old, and b) confusing.

Any help you can offer -- or urls in a pinch -- would be appreciated.