[Dovecot] \" character in folder name results in strange LIST

Samuel Kvasnica bugreports at list.ims.co.at
Tue Aug 17 20:52:36 EEST 2010

 On 08/17/2010 07:40 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> There are other differences between LAYOUT=fs and LAYOUT=maildir++, not
> just that one. I guess ideally there wouldn't be any, but for now
> LAYOUT=maildir++ works the way Courier/Cyrus does, and LAYOUT=fs works
> the way UW-IMAP does. I'm not going to change that at least before v2.1.
Thats very, very bad for us, but of course, its your free decision.
Actually this should be automaticaly tested by a test-suite for
(almost)every config combination
and give always consistent results.
>> With this bug, I absolutely cannot operate thunderbirds on dovecot in
>> such setup (delete, move, rename wont work), so again a big showstopper. :-(
>>
>> imap_client_workaround does not seem to be related, at least not with
>> maildir + Layout=fs
> What errors does it give with that workaround enabled? Because it should
> have fixed your previous errors:
The workaround does not seem to change anything, the parent directory is
still listed and Thunderbird gets confused.
E.g. during move It first moves the folder and then tries to
re-subscribe all its subfolders. But it got the old parent directory
listed  as subfolder before.
So it will fail while trying to resubscribe that one, generate an error
message and gui won't update correctly.

If this workaround should work, switching it on  must prevent listing
the parent directory. But that does not seem to happen currently
(or I'm doing something wrong...)

... I got down to fs_list_next() in mailbox-list-fs-iter.c which returns
wrong info... if nothing helps I do my own patch...