[Dovecot] \" character in folder name results in strange LIST

Samuel Kvasnica bugreports at list.ims.co.at
Tue Aug 17 23:51:06 EEST 2010

 On 08/17/2010 07:40 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> What errors does it give with that workaround enabled? Because it should
> have fixed your previous errors:

Timo, just a short additional notice: I looked at your code around the
WORKAROUND_TB_EXTRA_MAILBOX_SEP and it is NOT
related in any way to the bug I observe. It is about trailing separator
on subscriptions but the bug I observe is about
misbehaving LIST command for argument "folder/*" which causes failed
resubscription of the subfolders due to parent folder not found.

I think this is really a critical issue with LAYOUT=fs preventing many
clients to work correctly.

It might be related to combination of LAYOUT=fs and DIRNAME=xxx which I
must use, but not sure.