[Dovecot] dovecot - mac firewall problem

Peter A. Giessel pgiessel at mac.com
Tue Aug 31 19:56:50 EEST 2010

On 2010/08/28 at 16:57, pfay at nd.edu (Patrick Fay) wrote:

> [...]

My suggestion would be to turn the application-level firewall in
"System Preferences" off and if you feel the need for a firewall,
use something like ipfw instead:
<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/ipfw.8.html>

It comes setup with the following configuration:

# ipfw show
65535 0 0 allow ip from any to any

So, you would have to configure it as you see fit.  Not as
convient as
"System Preferences", but it should allow you to write a firewall
configuration that works with Dovecot.