[Dovecot] thunderbird crashed-mail_max_userip

paul paul at pcartwright.com
Fri Dec 3 12:43:09 EET 2010

On 12/03/2010 01:33 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> address.
>   # NOTE: The username is compared case-sensitively.
>   #mail_max_userip_connections = 10
>
> By default Thunderbird opens 5 IMAP connections per client instance.
> When running TBird on the same machine that runs Dovecot, and connecting
> via localhost, I'm not sure what TBird may do in this case.  It may
> ignore it's default setting of 5 and open as many connections as it wants.
I am the only one running thunderbird. .I normally let thunderbird stay
open forever.. there are only 2 of us logged into this box, me & my
wife. She runs kmail, with an IMAP account.

> In your case, you can probably safely set this to 100 (and restart
> Dovecot) to prevent this problem in the future.
I'm not sure why I would want to set this, thunderbird has always run
fine before ( and since)..

also in my dovecot log I'm getting this:
2010-11-08 12:45:52 deliver(pbc): Fatal: postmaster_address setting not
given

and I KNOW I set this before...
and I have this in dovecot.conf:
postmaster_address=pbc at localhost