[Dovecot] Reverting from 2.0. to 1.2

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Wed Dec 22 17:42:28 EET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 04:13:20PM +0100, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> This is user input so I don't have any details nor sufficient element to
> consider it a real problem. A Thunderbird restart seems to solve the problem.

However, some info seems to confirm that it involves moving a message from a
mailbox to another where one of the mailbox has got non-ASCII character. A
restart of TB seems to fix the problem indeed.

For instance, on a server where :

  % locale
  LANG=
  LC_CTYPE="C"
  LC_COLLATE="C"
  LC_TIME="C"
  LC_NUMERIC="C"
  LC_MONETARY="C"
  LC_MESSAGES="C"
  LC_ALL=

such a mailbox "encode" the "é" character as "&AOk"

I'm not really sure which encoding it is (UTF-7 ? 8 ?)

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau