[Dovecot] Reverting from 2.0. to 1.2

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Wed Dec 22 22:31:20 EET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 07:12:29PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

Thanks and sorry for the fuzzy description but it's all I've got for now ;-(

> So you have Maildir++ layout and you don't have listescape plugin?

Yes.

And you have namespace separator set to '/'?

Yes (which is the default, isn't it ?)

I've been like this in 1.2.12. The only thing I changed is that I commented out
the global "location" directive to specify it by namesapce.

> In such setup having '.' just isn't valid. All '.' characters in the directory name get converted to '/'.

I know, that's why it makes no sense to me that TB complains about a ".".

By the way, if talking imap directly (telnet), I wouldn't even be able to
specify a dot in a mailbox name in command, right ? I guess that would be
interpreted as a hierarchy separator. So this TB message is really strange.

> If on filesystem you have .GVV-tangy.GVV/, that shows up to client as "GVV-tangy/GVV". There should be no '.' anywhere.

Exactly.

> You could enable rawlog to see what the clients are trying to do. http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

Should I restart dovecot or just a SIGHUP ?

My other questions remains :

  . can we revert from 2.0.8 to 1.2.12 (just in case) ?

  . is there, between 1.2.12 and 2.0.8 some noticeable behavior regarding mailbox name encoding ?

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau